Wishcraft: How to Get What You Really Want
a book by Barbara Sher
(our site's book review)
This is one of the really popular books among those who want their lives to mean something and be about them doing what they have only wished they could do. This human, practical program puts your vague yearnings and hopes and dreams to work for you—and often gets you real results. The authors outline some tools and also some methods to help you be successful at hope realization once you figure out what your goals are. Some of these have to do with planning, some to do with emotions and managing feelings, and some are to do with getting the help of others. An important set of questions to use as context: Can I do this tomorrow? If not, what do I need to do first?
In Wishcraft: How to Get What You Really Want you’ll learn how to:
• Discover your strengths and skills
• Turn your fears and negative feelings into positive tools
• Diagram the path to your goal—and map out target dates for meeting it
• Chart your progress—day by day
• Create a support network of contacts and sources
• Use a buddy system to keep you on track
See also, this Barbara Sher book: Teamworks!.