The Politics of the Solar Age: Alternatives to Economics
a book by Hazel Henderson
(our site's book review)
The fate of our planet rests on our ecological awareness and the political actions that are the response to this awareness
Hazel Henderson, who combined the new, ecological-holistic paradigm with economic wisdom and produced an ecologically aware economics, has an impressive list of credentials including co-authoring Creating Alternative Futures: The End of Economics.
She recommends the works of:
- the Tofflers (The Third Wave)
- Rachel Carson (Silent Spring)
- Philip Slater (his groundbreaking milestones are A Dream Deferred and Earthwalk)
- Frances Moore Lappé (The Quickening of America: Rebuilding Our Nation, Remaking Our Lives)
- Gregory Bateson (Steps to an Ecology of Mind: Collected Essays in Anthropology, Psychiatry, Evolution, and Epistemology
- and others
The fate of our planet rests on our ecological awareness and the political actions that are the response to this awareness of ecological and environmental realities. Old style “more-is-better” and “all growth is good” economics spell eventual disaster. The book insightfully looks at alternatives.
Old style 'more-is-better' and 'all growth is good' economics spell eventual disaster