The Edges of Science: Crossing the Boundary from Physics to Metaphysics
a book by Richard Morris
(our site's book review)
The book competently makes particle physics and the origins of the universe accessible to nonphysicists but sheds little light on the relations between Physics and Metaphysics.
Progress comes often from a willingness to give up comfortable ideas we are used to and explore new ideas that, however strange they seem initially, seem to fit better with observed reality and seem to illuminate previously dark areas of knowledge.
For example, the willingness to give up comfortable parenting and community ideas we are used to and explore new ideas is what this website did when we could see that the comfortable parenting and community ideas were having disastrous consequences for our nation in general and families and kids in particular. The deeper we researched it all, the worse the problems looked. Happily, years of researching and thinking did not result in despair but in figuring out an actual solution to the mess. See Why Register for an MC?.
Registering for MC search and match
For much better books on the relations between Physics and Metaphysics, see the works of Fritjof Capra, like:
- The Tao of Physics: An Exploration of the Parallels between Modern Physics and Eastern Mysticism
- The Hidden Connections: Integrating The Biological, Cognitive, And Social Dimensions Of Life Into A Science Of Sustainability
- The Turning Point: Science, Society, and the Rising Culture
- The Web of Life: A New Scientific Understanding of Living Systems
- Belonging to the Universe: Explorations on the Frontiers of Science and Spirituality
- Uncommon Wisdom